CourtCall was established in 1995, with the desire to make remote Court Appearances simple, accessible and affordable for all parties. With this objective in mind, CourtCall developed the Remote Appearance Platform, creating an organized and voluntary way for attorneys to appear for routine matters in Civil, Family, Criminal, Probate, Bankruptcy, Workers’ Compensation and other cases from their offices, homes or other convenient locations. Designed with reliable and user-friendly technologies, Courts and remote participants experience seamless communication during cases, while benefiting from significant time and cost savings.
Today, CourtCall is the industry leader for conducting remote Court Appearances throughout the United States, Canada and Worldwide. Technologies continue to expand, such that remote Court Appearances can be conducted with audio, video, and when necessary, remote interpretation services.
CourtCall’s Remote Appearance Platform makes routine, non-evidentiary pre-trial appearances more cost effective, efficient and simple for Judges, Court Staff, attorneys and other participants. The Platform continues to expand with relevant technology services to consistently provide the ideal experience for all participants.
At no cost to the Court, CourtCall’s Remote Appearance Platform effectively serves the unique needs of Workers’ Compensation Courts. Attorneys, hearing representatives, insurance representatives, lien claimants, medical experts, injured workers and others can now make appearances in Workers’ Compensation Courts from the comfort and convenience of their home, office or other location. Fewer costs potentially mean more benefit dollars for injured workers or less expense for employers.
Benefits for Judicial Officers/Court Staff
Benefits for Plaintiff/Claimant's Attorneys
Benefits for Defense Attorneys
Benefits for Injured Workers
Benefits for Insurance Carriers/Employers
Courts routinely deal with defendants, witnesses and other participants requiring interpretation. Interpreters play a key role in administration of Justice:
· A defendant/witness needs an interpreter to understand the Court and counsel
· The Court needs the interpreter to understand the testimony
Common inefficiencies when interpreters appear in-person at the Court:
· Cost and inconvenience of travel
· Due to short notice or scheduling conflicts, proceedings may be delayed
· The wait can be lengthy even when the proceeding that requires the interpreter is brief
· The waiting itself can be costly and unproductive
CourtCall's Remote Interpretation
Combining years of experience with Remote Court Appearances, plus customized video and multi-lingual audio applications built on industry standards, CourtCall provides remote interpretation with a cloud-based solution.
Benefits of Remote Interpretation
· Interpreters can serve more Courts and Courts can expand access to justice
· Eliminates travel costs for Courts and interpreters
· All-inclusive equipment kit creates a self-contained network, providing direct courtroom access for a remote interpreter
· Interpreter can work from any location with Internet access
· Interpreter connects via custom software application allowing for easy transitions between languages
· Easily initiated confidential attorney/client conversations allow for direct interpretation, without being heard in open Court
· No staff for the Court to hire
· No installation on the part of the Court
Simple for Courts....what's needed
· CourtCall installs a dedicated, secure Wi-Fi router in the courtroom
· Polycom phone (provided by CourtCall) is used to hear the interpreter
· Defendants are provided with a small wireless device (iPod) and headset to hear live translation
· If desired, CourtCall will provide a webcam to be used for video content
Simple for Interpreters...what's needed
· Phone and headset
· Computer with internet connection and sufficient bandwidth
· If desired, a webcam can be used for video content and view of the courtroom
Reducing In-Custody Transportation Costs
A significant cost and risk to the courts, law enforcement and the public is the transportation of in-custody defendants and patients for what are often brief proceedings such as arraignments, plea agreements and forensic mental health reviews. The CourtCall video arraignment platform increases efficiency and safety while reducing the costs of these proceedings. The advantages are clear regardless of which agency currently bears the costs or provides the transport of the in-custody participants.
Benefits of Remote Arraignment
Traffic Court Appearances by Video
With fewer open courthouses and longer lines and waiting times to resolve traffic citations, CourtCall’s remote video technology provides motorists the opportunity to save time and costs by being heard remotely and creates greater efficiencies for the courts and law enforcement. More importantly, those contesting traffic citations need not be required to miss work, school or family obligations.
Benefits of Traffic Court Video Appearances
CourtCall appreciates the needs of the entire community. Our simplified Remote Appearance Program is designed to meet the needs of Mental Health (Civil/Probate and Criminal), Drug and Collaborative Courts, serving juveniles, adolescents and adults. CourtCall provides the latest in secure technology with exceptional customer service and support, is the industry leader in facilitating remote appearances and is particularly well-adapted to the needs of Mental Health, Drug and other Collaborative justice programs.
CourtCall offers an organized and voluntary way for clients, consumers, patients, physicians, social workers, case managers, prosecutors, defense counsel, guardians, conservators, probation officers, advocates and other treatment team members to appear remotely for virtually any proceeding including, involuntary commitment, guardianship, conservatorship, competency, review hearings, and other approved court matters.
How CourtCall Benefits Collaborative Justice Courts
The CourtCall Remote Appearance platform assists the court and justice system stakeholders improve the efficiency in Collaborative Justice Courts by:
All that is needed is: A full-duplex speakerphone, computer or laptop with a webcam and a 1.5 mbps internet connection.