COURTCALL'S REMOTE APPEARANCE PLATFORM
- Full Duplex, state-of-the-art speakerphone and dedicated phone line ensure optimal audio quality.
- Proprietary, browser-based video application requires no expensive equipment installations or software downloads.
- Up to 16 participants per case may share video simultaneously, with nearly an unlimited number of participants connecting by audio.
- Customizable Platform depending on which technologies and services best suit a Judge’s assignment and preferences.
- Versatile Platform to allow remote participation in virtually any proceeding, from status conferences and motions, to witness testimony.
REMOTE VIDEO ARRAIGNMENT
Reducing In-Custody Transportation Costs
A significant cost and risk to the courts, law enforcement and the public is the transportation of in-custody defendants and patients for what are often brief proceedings such as arraignments, plea agreements and forensic mental health reviews. The CourtCall video arraignment platform increases efficiency and safety while reducing the costs of these proceedings. The advantages are clear regardless of which agency currently bears the costs or provides the transport of the in-custody participants.
Benefits of Remote Video Arraignment
- Reduces in-custody transportation costs for brief arraignments via video links between courtrooms, jails and secure correctional facilities.
- Enhances the safety and security of courtroom staff and the public by reducing the transport of in-custody defendants.
- Protects due process rights of in-custody defendants through accurate and clear video and audio without disruption to court proceedings.
- Permits confidential attorney/client communications through multi-channels on the platform.
- Simplifies court proceedings and improves administrative efficiency.
- Its Green! Reduces fuel usage and other transportation and environmental impacts.
TRAFFIC COURT APPEARANCES
With fewer open courthouses and longer lines and waiting times to resolve traffic citations, CourtCall’s remote video technology provides motorists the opportunity to save time and costs by being heard remotely and creates greater efficiencies for the courts and law enforcement. More importantly, those contesting traffic citations need not be required to miss work, school or family obligations.
Benefits of Traffic Court Video Appearances
- Reduces time away from work or home and travel expenses for motorists who want to contest or resolve traffic citations.
- Allows law enforcement officers to remain in their communities and on the streets rather than making time-consuming trips to distant courthouses to appear on traffic citations.
- Enables budget-challenged courts to extend access to justice.
MENTAL HEALTH, DRUG AND OTHER COLLABORATIVE JUSTICE COURTS
CourtCall appreciates the needs of the entire community. Our simplified Remote Appearance Program is designed to meet the needs of Mental Health (Civil/Probate and Criminal), Drug and Collaborative Courts, serving juveniles, adolescents and adults. CourtCall provides the latest in secure technology with exceptional customer service and support, is the industry leader in facilitating remote appearances and is particularly well-adapted to the needs of Mental Health, Drug and other Collaborative justice programs.
CourtCall offers an organized and voluntary way for clients, consumers, patients, physicians, social workers, case managers, prosecutors, defense counsel, guardians, conservators, probation officers, advocates and other treatment team members to appear remotely for virtually any proceeding including, involuntary commitment, guardianship, conservatorship, competency, review hearings, and other approved court matters.
- Civil/Probate Mental Health Courts, often hear involuntary commitment, guardianship and conservatorship matters involving both inpatient and outpatient placement.
- Collaborative Justice Courts, often referred to as problem solving courts, are courts that combine judicial supervision with varied and appropriate treatment and other services to improve outcomes for offenders and protect public safety. These courts encompass a broad spectrum that includes Drug Courts, DUI Courts, Community Courts, Domestic Violence Courts, Mental Health Courts, Reentry Courts, Veteran’s Courts, Youth Courts and other Courts established to improve offender outcomes.
- A cornerstone of Collaborative Justice Courts is integrating multiple services within communities into the justice system. With a focus on key collaborative justice principles, Collaborative Courts rely on access to a continuum of service providers within the community to create unique responses when working with individuals requiring treatment and services to reduce the risk of recidivism and improve public safety.
How CourtCall Benefits Collaborative Justice Courts
The CourtCall Remote Appearance platform assists the court and justice system stakeholders improve the efficiency in Collaborative Justice Courts by:
- Enabling the appearance of participants in remote treatment facilities thereby enhancing consumer care and avoiding treatment disruptions.
- Facilitating the team decision making process be permitting remote team member participation.
- Improving program compliance via regular monitoring.
- Eliminating or reducing the need for transport; reducing distance barriers and travel and transport risks.
- Promoting an integrated, collaborative approach to assessment, support, continued judicial and court monitoring and community reintegration.
- Reducing costs related to staff and physician.
- Increasing safety and security at courthouses.
- Improving case flow and increasing the availability and flexibility for scheduling appearances.
- Customizing the program to meet the needs of each individual court and judge.
- Maintaining a confidential, efficient, reliable, well-structured and easy to use program.
All that is needed is: A full-duplex speakerphone, computer or laptop with a webcam and a 1.5 mbps internet connection.
At no cost to the Court, CourtCall’s Remote Appearance Platform effectively serves the unique needs of Workers’ Compensation Courts. Attorneys, hearing representatives, insurance representatives, lien claimants, medical experts, injured workers and others can now make appearances in Workers’ Compensation Courts from the comfort and convenience of their home, office or other location. Fewer costs potentially mean more benefit dollars for injured workers or less expense for employers.
Benefits for Judicial Officers/Court Staff
- CourtCall handles the scheduling, coordination and operation of remote appearances
- CourtCall electronically replicates the Workers’ Compensation setting
- All CourtCall calls are operator assisted calls for optimal privacy
- The use of CourtCall increases access to justice and improves judicial economy
- CourtCall allows parties to discuss matters privately in sub-conferences prior to speaking with the Judicial Officer
- CourtCall improves administrative efficiencies
- No contract and no risk for the Court
- Improves efficiencies for Judges who “ride circuit”
Benefits for Plaintiff/Claimant Attorneys
- Avoid unnecessary travel and wait times
- Expand reach of practice without the required travel
Benefits for Defense Attorneys
- In-House Counsel
- By avoiding travel, attorneys may continue working from the convenience of their home or office instead of driving or flying to Court
- Panel Counsel
- Cost savings on travel and travel-related expenses
- Expand area covered without incurring additional travel expenses
Benefits for Injured Workers
- Ability to participate in or observe hearings from any location with no special equipment required-particularly helpful when the worker has relocated
- Private sub-conferences with attorney are available during hearing if necessary
- Remote testimony
Benefits for Insurance Carriers/Employers
- Reduce expenses associated with travel
- Ability to more effectively manage counsel
- Detailed reports provided to enable savings analysis
CourtCall provides a secure platform for real time video depositions of witnesses regardless of their location. Many Expert Witnesses charge exorbitant fees for time plus travel and expenses to attend a deposition. Insurance companies and other clients are demanding a reduction in costs and expenses. CourtCall can help provide a secure, reliable environment without the purchase of costly equipment. Secure, Efficient and Economical.
Benefits for Attorneys
- Reduce expenses associated with travel
- Reduce time associated with scheduling and notifications
- Ability to participate in or observe deposition from any location with no special equipment required
- Reduce unnecessary costs to clients
Benefits for Witness/Expert
- Reduce time and expenses associated with travel
- Ability to participate in deposition from any location with no special equipment required